which berg shifter do I get? please help

I'm using it for a 71 Ghia Vert, I'm about 6 feet tall and my seat is pretty far back. I'm leaning to a 6710EB (extra curve) vs a 6710 (slight curved)

I know the curved shifters are for pre 68, but I like the shifter closer to me since it seems more comfortable while driving not having to move my arm quite as far. I'm currently using a curved empi shifter that I like very much.

does anybody have a similar setup? please advise, it's an expensive mistake that I would rather not make

thanks in advance

Reply to
Skipnkuf

I have a Berg shifter and have tried every different shifter that has ever been sold. Even cut the stock shifter down to give me a shorter throw. Even used the short throw kits. The Berg shifter is far better then the best. I didn't think it could be done but they did it. I have no idea as to your seating arrangement but as for the shifter you cannot find one better. This is one time you get what you pay for. Joe Cali - Next Generation - USA

Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

Call Gene Berg Ent. They will recommend what you should go with. Thats what I did. Talk to Tim at GBE.

Reply to
<1l75

yea, thats what I thought, I called them and they didn't seem like alot of help @ all, told me that the curved shifter might hit my seat when I go into reverse... here is how the conversations went with tech support when sales handed me off

"me" I need a shifter, I liked your curved and I want to know if I should get the 6710 or 6710eb... I'm using it for a 71 ghia and I know it takes a straight shifter but I'm already using a curved empi shifter and I like the handle position.

"gb" it might hit the seat when u go into reverse

"me" my seat is pretty far back, I'm 6" tall, u think it will still hit the seat..

"gb" ummmm, i don't know

"me" how much extra bend in the 6710EB version? How much closer to me with the handle be?

"gb" maybe 3/4 of an inch

"me" what do you think? should I go with the 6710EB or 6710?

"gb" ummmm.... your choice

"me" thanks , I'll think about it for a bit before I order one

that brings me to the wonderful world of RAMVWA, I was hoping somone already had an application similar to mine and they could share an experience....

I'm using stock seats by the way

thanks

Reply to
Skipnkuf