Manual to Pwr Window Conv. 2002 Camaro

Has anyone out there converted a 2002 Z-28 with manual windows/locks to power? Is the wiring harness already in place? Can I order the parts from GM and install them without using a cheap aftermarket kit?

I haven't checked inside the doors yet, but I've noticed a black and blk/wht stripe wire going where a hatchback lock/unlock solenoid would be--just a connector hanging in space. I checked under the dash and found the same color wires going to another connector, not connected to anything. Jumpering this connector clicks a relay. I am willing to bet if I install a button and an actuator, I can get power unlock to the hatchback.

Any advice on this matter is appreciated. Thank you in advance. Oh, I am not trying to do this for me, it my wife I am trying to make 100% happy with the car. I like it the way it is. Thanks again.

Reply to
WhoDat

power? Is the wiring harness already in place? Can I order the parts from GM and install them without using a cheap aftermarket kit?

blk/wht stripe wire going where a hatchback lock/unlock solenoid would be--just a connector hanging in space. I checked under the dash and found the same color wires going to another connector, not connected to anything. Jumpering this connector clicks a relay. I am willing to bet if I install a button and an actuator, I can get power unlock to the hatchback.

not trying to do this for me, it my wife I am trying to make 100% happy with the car. I like it the way it is. Thanks again.

Somewhere around here, I have a complete GM conversion kit from my days with GM...actuators and all for an F Body....

YOUR situation...find a wiring diagram, order what isnt there..

Reply to
CBHVAC