MIL

frick.

3 weeks past warranty the stupid MIL light comes on on my 01 TA. I can't find any local places to pull the codes for free either... I'm buying an autotap, just wish it wasn't this week... argh. I've got my hands full with rebuilding the front end on my dirt track car this week...

Probably going to find that it came on because my !CAGS resistor fell off or something...

Ray

Reply to
Ray

MIL I don't know; same as SES? Can you still short the pins on the connector and get the code flashed on the dash lights these days? Haven't done that since my '90 formula.

~~~~~~ Bait for spammers: root@localhost postmaster@localhost admin@localhost abuse@localhost postmaster@[127.0.0.1] snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov ~~~~~~ Remove "spamless" to email me.

Reply to
Overlord

Ray spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Yeah. Ain't Murphy an ass at times? :)

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

nope, it's obd-II... which means a code reader/scan tool. fasttoys.net is local and he's going to pull the code for me friday. (and I'm going to order my own scan tool through him...)

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Why would anyone expect a shop pull codes for free?

Reply to
Mange

Autozone does. Except I live in Canada, so a 2 hour drive across the border to the nearest Autozone is kinda dumb...

Canadian Tire has a free loan a tool program, I hoped they'd do code readers. (you leave a deposit with your credit card and they refund it when you bring it back.) But no code readers.

Anyway, fasttoys.net is local, Phil was nice enough to dump the code with his AutoTap for me and clear the MIL. (O2 sensor failure bank2 sensor 2.) So I ordered my own AutoTap through him. (and SFC's and a loudmouth.)

The funny thing - according to carparts.com I'm looking at about $60 for one 02 Sensor... or I can pay $99 for two 02 Simms... it's the rear sensor so that'd work and they do no emissions testing here... so it's CHEAPER to replace the sensors with simms... that's weird... but that means header choices get easier.... ;)

Ray

Reply to
Ray

For repeate customers most shops that want to keep them happy will check trouble codes for free. Most shops that want to keep a customer happy will always give them something extra for nothing.

For the person off the street? not likely. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig