This is an invitation :-)

This is an invitation for you to visit this forum

A few months ago, I found what I was looking for. A forum in Portuguese! It's a great forum with nice people. You can see a lot of pictures of our aircooled VW. Standard and super beetles, splits, type

2 barndoors buggy's.

Meeting -> Encontros & Concentra=E7=F5es Projects -> projectos Presentation -> apresenta=E7=E3o

For the ones that don't understand ingles my apologies but you can see some pictures anyway Remco, I hope you understand a bit of Portuguese.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Sorry - don't speak Portuguese, Jo=E3o. I do speak French and dabble in Spanish a little so was able to get what people were saying (words are similar).

Looks like a very cool site. Particularly like the "Restauro" forum. Thanks!

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Hi Remco,

Have you done more work on your beetle? How are the things going on? I also like the projectos forum. I'm able to help some people, because I learn a lot on this group on the last years and that's great.

Jo=E3o

Remco escreveu:

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Hey Jo=E3o Well, my frame is done. I've replaced part of the frame head and the floors - it also doesn't look like it has been stored under the Titanic any more :)

I've moved on to the body and started carefully cutting out one the heater channel. I intend to weld my two channels and both rear and front cross brace together while bolted to the pan. Then I'll weld that whole assembly to the body. Hopefully it will all line up after all that. I am getting pretty good at welding now - it took a bit before I was totally happy with the work but I really like doing it.

The bug rustoration has come to a temporary halt on orders of my commander and chief (my wife): Over the last week or so and for the next couple of weeks I'm working on a home project. My back porch to my back door was in really bad shape so I ripped it out and am now in the process of rebuilding a new one. The old porch was built in 1915 so it was due replacement. The new porch will be a small insulated room with tile floors, built in bench with storage, etc. In the US we refer to an area like this as a 'mud room', something where you can take messy shoes off so you don't track dirt through the house. So I am wearing my construction hat for a bit.

You? What have you been up to? Remco

Reply to
Remco

I'm only changing the oil and checking the valves gap. Not a big deal! I'm looking for a westfalia not a T2 but a T4 to buy. Next year I want to travel around Europe withy my family.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Sounds like a great plan - that's ideal camping vehicle. You'll have to post pictures of your travel, should you do it.

Reply to
Remco