Re: SVT for 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:55:31 GMT, Joe puked:

snipped-for-privacy@nuail.com wrote in news:1110383378.429253.26280 >@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com: > >> That's correct. SVT will have no "product" in '05. In fact, it won't >> have a "product" through most of '06 either. This was made clear by >> Ford/SVT in several different venues :). The '07 Mustang SVT Cobra >will >> be revealed at the NY Auto Show that starts on March 25th, 2005, >> although there is supposed to be a press day on the 23rd, I believe. >> Target Job 1 is mid '06 for MY '07. > >What a shame. Why in the world is Ford holding up the show until MY >'07? Are they that crippled that they couldn't get it in showrooms >for '06? And there's not one single sentence about it on their web >site. Sounds to me like Ford doesn't want to commit to anything >regarding the Cobra. >

If the GTs are selling as well as it sounds, there's no reason to up the ante at this point. What would they be competing with anyway?

Of course it's just a rumor, but there's talk of a re-release of the Camaro around '06-'07, so then it would make sense to bring the guns to the table.

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat

lab~rat wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

puked:

believe.

It's not a question of competition, it's a question of SVT's purpose on the planet. If they're not producing cars, then what are they doing? Just thinking about it?

Competition amongst makers is always good for us consumers. I just hope Ford steps up to the plate sooner than later.

Joe