It's A Crazy [HP] War

500-600 Hp Cadillacs are in the pipeline and on the drawing board...it's crazy!
Reply to
NoOption5L

Yeah, but they're still fugly. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1143599287.478466.235090 @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

And it makes all it's horsepower above 5000 RPM.

If this is what people want, why is GM (and Ford) about to bite the big one?

People want dependable cars that are fuel efficient and have enough power to keep them safe. I haven't seen many Japanese car builders toting 600 HP, but they will sell 10 times more vehicles than Cadillac will.

Who the hell cares about a car that will make 600 HP above 5000 RPM, and will barely make 150 HP down where we all do our driving, around 2500 RPM?

Reply to
elaich

On 29 Mar 2006 06:22:17 GMT, elaich puked:

Those are their semi-halo cars that the faithful can brag about...

lab~rat >:-)

So does Honda's S2000.

And it all depends on what type of supercharger they put on it. A roots type will offer LOTS of twist down low.

Because for years they never offered anything to compete with Europe's & Japan's premium cars. No flagship models to give their brands prestige, was yet another reason the Big 3 lost their grip on the home market.

I don't know what planet you're remoting in from, but here on Earth there are many people who love, and buy, cars with excessive horsepower. Do some research on Porshe, Ferrari, Viper, Corvette, muscle car, BMW M series, Supra and Lancer Evolution.

Because for years Japan limited factory HP to around 280. But check out the upcoming Evolution. And I'm sure the WRX STi will have an answer for that one.

You're right Cadillac should start building entry level cars. Yep, that's their ticket to the big leagues.

I think 6.2 liters will offer plenty of punch down low. And if it doesn't, you can always keep it in 1st or 2nd gear around town.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L