Surging Problem With 94 Camaro

Hello Everyone! Hopefully someone can help me out. My Z28 is experiencing a surging problem under light throttle pressure, around 1500-2500 rpm, any gear. The problem feels worse in the first 4 gears (have a 6 speed) because of the additional leverage that the engine has in those gears. I have replaced opti-spank twice already so I am guessing it can't be that. Also, it does not seem to happen until after the engine is warmed up (when the computer goes into closed loop). If drive the car immediately after starting it, I don't feel the problem. What sensors or other parts could be causing this? I even just threw on a new coil module and coil wire to see if that would do anything, but no luck.

Please help!!!! Thanks a million!! Steve- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Steve (Sundown94)

Does your car have AC? I found mind did something like this, and it ended up being the AC needed to be charged up. For me to fix mine, I just disconnected the AC, and have not had a problem since.

Reply to
Moose

sounds like it might be your mass airflow sensor.... i had the same prob with my 87 firebird and that was the cause

Reply to
C S

Moose, thank you for the suggestion. My car does have AC, but this problem occurs regardless of whether it is on or not. In fact, I rarely have the AC on because I like to have my windows down and T-tops off, listening to the stereo or the beautiful sound of the exhaust on a warm summer night. :-)