Trip Odometer Reset

I have a 99 model Trans Am, about a month ago I noticed everytime I start the car the trip odometer reset's itself to 0.0 what's up with this? The mileage indicator never looses it's mileage I have also noticed that the tach and speedometer also peg out then drop down to bottom and then bounce back to being correct. I find it annoying and how do you fix this problem....

Reply to
Demon

99-08-49-009 JAN 99 Trip Odometer - Automatically Resets to Zero is the TSB you're looking for.

Maybe someone can get the full TSB text. (check in rec.autos.tech if no one here has an alldata account or works at a dealer.)

I swear it was a battery problem but I don't recall.

Ray

Reply to
user

Thanks Ray I'll take your advice and repost when I get to the bottom of this hopefully something really simple

Demon

Reply to
Demon