T/A power antenna

Hey all.... haven't been thru here for a while..... Well, my power antenna on my '99 T/A busted. Think the cold might have had something to do with it.... shouldn't have parked it outside at my 1st ex's house all night....

As it sits now, in the garage, the antenna is almost completely up. I can push down the very top section with no resistance. The rest of the antenna won't push down easily. I did work the antenna back down once with the radio off. The motor suddenly came alive and sucked it down the last 2 or 3 inches. Radio on; antenna came back up nearly all the way but didn't even twitch when the radio was turned off after that. Motor 'works' but doesn't seem to pull/push the antenna much.

Haven't pulled the antenna yet and I'm not real sure as to the internals on the unit. From looking around, I'm assuming the antenna mast has a flexible 'tape' that the motor winds and unwinds on a spool to push or pull the mast. It would be nice to just replace the mast/tape assuming that is what's buggered up. This place has one;

I will pull the system and open it up first to see if that is theonly part busted. Anyone have any better experience with these?

thanks Kurt

~~~~~~ Bait for spammers: root@localhost postmaster@localhost admin@localhost abuse@localhost postmaster@[127.0.0.1] snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov ~~~~~~ Remove "spamless" to email me.

Reply to
Overlord