1997 Explorer Control Trac Problem

The 4 wheel, 4 wheel low lights are blinking 6 times every 2 minutes. The front axle is engaging on turns. This problem resurfaced after 6 months. I had posted here about it, the problem stopped after I cleaned the brake dust from the front wheels. That did not work this time! Question, how many speed sensors are there? I can only find 1, at the back of the transfer case. Is there another & where might it be? I have cleaned the one, but it made no diffence. Thanks, Pops

Reply to
Pops54

There are 3 sensors, all located on the transfer case as I recall.

=Vic= Bear Gap, PA

Reply to
Vic Klein

Thanks, the only thing besides the 1 sensor I can see, is the shift motor & its wiring. Pops...

Reply to
Pops54

IIRC there are 2 speed sensors, 1 on the rear output shaft and 1 on the front, behind the 4x4 motor

Reply to
johanb

Thanks, I will look under there again. This thing is driving me crazy. It has 97,000 miles,the V6 SOHC runs great and uses no oil. Pops....

Reply to
Pops54