2004 Explorer engine shuts off when cruise control is set.

Today I was driving on a long side road at 30mph and attempted to set the cruise, when I pressed SET the engine stopped! All the electrical was working - lights on the dash and radio, after pulling over and restarting the vehicle ran fine. I tested this again at 30mph and it did the same thing, I have had this SUV for 1 month and have used the cruise many times - just not at 30mph. The only resource I have found with any information pertaining to this issue is here:

But unfortunately the other owners also in my situation have not found a definite answer.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Chad

Reply to