D1 Cruise Control help

As everything on my 300Tdi D1 works, bar the cruise control, I am on a mission to fix it!

Replaced all the spilt pipes but still no joy, I have found the little vacuum pump under where the jack goes (dumb place to put it) and re-connected the pipe as it had come off. Does anyone know if this little pump should run as soon as you press the master cruise switch on the dash (mine doesn't) or should it only run when the cruise 'set' switch is pressed above 28mph please?

Trying to establish if this pump is goosed and in need of replacing.

TIA

Reply to
Andy

I've sent you the relevant section from the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual - hoping that it's the right one!

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:58:35 -0000, "Andy" enlightened us thusly:

the "new toy" here also has a dead cruise control. In this case, when driving, if I turn on the master switch, pressing the "RES/DECEL" switch makes a relay click somehwere, while pressing the "SET/ACCEL" one doesn't - which leads me to suspect the switch on the wheel.

not a big issue though, I've a CD changer stereo to fit first :)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mine does the same Austin, when I tested the contacts under the bonnet there is no power getting to the pump which according to the RAVE system should be active when the master button is pressed on the dash. I suspect the brake pedal sense switch or another inhibit relay in the footwell. Will try these when I get round to it. I was gonna try a pump but checked with a contact at LR and they are over £300 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Andy