2004 F-150

To hit some of the high points I made in a post nearly two weeks ago - it's too early to tell about durability. Some of the new manufacturing techniques and material usage are interesting to say the least. R&P steering is a nice addition as are the coil over front shocks.

The frame may be a bone of contention - fully boxed from one end to the other, the material is thinner than we are used to.... I have no doubts of it's strength but adding frame mounted accessories will become more exacting than it has in the past - particularly in regards to fifth wheel hitches.

The only reason I could find for not buying one is that my heart is now set on a 6.0 SuperDuty.

Jim Warman

What do you guys think of the new F-150's? I am kind of in the market looking for a new rig and maybe a truck. Was looking at the Tundra but the F-150's have caught my eye. Nice looking units.

Reply to
MD

From Richard:

At first I didn't like the looks to much (I have a '01 SuperCrew) but now I think they look much better! All I can go by is looks and the blue one on the lot as I drive by is calling my name! If you get one let us know how it works out. /Richard

Reply to
Debbie Grimes

OK.... we got our first regular cab F4 in today..... interesting concept.... very short supercab type doors on a regular cab. Sure makes it easy to get to stuff behind the seats but seems like a good deal of expense for the privilege.

Jim Warman