86 F-150 5.0L

Hi all, I have an 86 F150 with a 302 efi engine and a C-6 tranny. A nice truck but........to make a long story short the motor has decided to retire. I have located a nice 89 Crown Victoria with the same 302 efi (I think the

302s are the same) for about $450.00. My question is will the motor from the Crown Vic. fit into the truck with out to much trouble? Or do I have to look for the same year of truck? Or can I just swap some parts and make the car motor work. Thanks for any and all replies. Frank
Reply to
Frank Sprungala

There were some design improvements in the '89 but, you should have no problem as long as you use your original electronics and sensors to be compatible with your ECM. Make sure the firing order is the same. If not, you will have some extra work to do. You will also probably have to change over some accessories which should interghange between engines with no problem.

Reply to
lugnut

Reply to
Frank Sprungala

I believe the firing order is the same, unless its a 302 HO. As he said everything should be pretty interchangeable. You may need to change a few accessories and sensors and stuff, but should be a fairly easy swap(if there ever was such a thing, lol). Good luck! Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Reply to
Frank Sprungala

I think the intake manifolds are different and the throttle cable and kick down cables are in a different spot , might have to change intakes upper and lower . as the truck uses retangular ports between the upper and lower manifold and the car uses round ports so the truck upper intake won't fit the cars lower intake also EGR hook ups PCV valve location , so take a good look at the 2 engines noting where the throttle hooks up to the throttle body and EGR location PCV should be in right side valve cover on the truck and in the back middle of the intake on the crown vic ...( look down by the firewall to see PCV on crown vic )

"Erik D." wrote:

Reply to
Chevy

down cables are in a different spot , might have to

the upper and lower manifold and the car uses round

throttle body and EGR location

the intake on the crown vic ...( look down by the

Upper and lower intakes should be a direct swap between the two. If I am not mistaken, the truck intake is better anyway.

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.