2005 Automatic

My 2005 Limited V8 is starting to show some problems with the automatic transmission. The truck has about 80,000 miles and is starting to have a hard downshift from overdrive when I come to a stop after driving at highway speed. This morning I put it in reverse to back out of a parking space and nothing happened. I pressed down on the gas some thinking the tires were obstructed in some way and it suddenly slammed into gear and jumped back. Could have been bad news if anyone was behind me. I guess the obvious first step is to have the transmission flushed. Anyone have any thoughts?

Reply to
Shoe

Check fluid level. Check fluid condition.

Often times the 'flush' systems do more damage than they fix. A conventional drop the pan and replace the filter is usually better.

Reply to
PeterD