2006 Ford Explorer Interior Door Handles

I notice that Ford in there infinite widom fixed the door handle location so that the interior door handle closer is now in the arm rest in the 2007 Explorer models. It appears that it is identical to the

2006 therefore has anybody tried to retrofit?? The local dealership will ony sell full door panels at the tune of $500.00 per side. It's the only thing about my 2006 that really drives me nuts. Any comments, suggestions
Reply to
glenndibler

Ford listened to the complaints and made a change. Good for them. If you really want the 2007 style handles, it seems that you can 1) pay the $500 a side, 2) wait for a wrecked 2007 to show up at a local wrecking yeard, or

3) trade the 2006 for a 2007.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White