Help!! 98 FORD EXPLORER- Door Ajar light constantly on and locks unlocking/locking themselves

In the past month, I have had a new problem with my Explorer every day it seems like. First, my brakes failed and I was in a wreck, yet both Midas and the Ford dealership told me that my brakes were in great condition. After picking the car up from the shop, within a day, it started making a chugging noise that the dealership "fixed" by replacing my coil pack, giving it a tune up, induction service, and new spark plug wires. Happily thinking this was the end of my troubles, I picked up the car, went bankrupt with the amount it cost, and drove it home. Two days later, the chugging noise started again and within a day, my car overheated and broke down. Towing it back to the shop, they tell me that the driving belt has been "cut" by someone and wrapped around my water pump, causing it to overheat that this was what was causing the chugging noise all along, not the numerous other things they had fixed two days prior. Long story short, many screaming matches later, they fixed these problems for much less than the price they quoted because they should have caught these problems TWO DAYS BEFORE when the car was there.

***Then, today, the door ajar light is constantly blinking and making the obnoxious dinging noise while the car is running. All doors are firmly shut and locked, and it does not appear to be a fuse. Also, the locks are continually unlocking and locking themselves, like a possessed car. Any advice on how to handle this? I DO NOT want to bring it back to the dealer only to have them temporarily fix the problems and I have read numerous accounts of this same problem and very few solutions that have worked. Any help is appreciated!!

(the display on my radio has also been out for over a year, and after hearing horror stories of the time and money that goes into getting that fixed, I have let it be for the time being. Any chance this is related to the door ajar light??_

Reply to
kr1583