95' Explorer Keyless Entry Permanent Code

I have just bought a 95' Ford Explorer. I need to reset the the keyless entry system, but cant find the original permanent code. I then refered to the owners guide and it said the code was located in two locations (Owner's wallet card, and taped on the computer module). Upon searching these locations I found that both had been removed. The pervious owner said he never used it, because he did not know the code. Is there any way to find out this code, or am I S.O.L? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks, Shane

Reply to
Shane

Shane,

You will need a flashlight and good eysight. Check inside the rear washer fluid compartment. Behind the washer filler on the bottom side of the box there should be the original code posted. Apparently it is that box that needs to be replaced if you lose the code.

Ed...

Shane wrote:

Reply to
nolimits3

Ed, Thanks for your assistance, but as a stated earlier I checked the computer module (the box located in the rear washer fluid compartment). The code that was taped on there had been removed, or the computer had been replaced at one time. Is there any type of test equipment that could be hooked up to the car to get the code from the computer?

Thanks, Shane

Reply to
Shane