96 xlt transfer case problem

Since I don't have the time, any idea how much it's goning to cost to have a new transfer case installed? It's a 96 4L with 97000 on it. Thanks, Jack

Reply to
me

Since I don't have the time either, no....

Sorry chum, I will try to help you do things.... I won't do them for you...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I recall that the pricing was horrendous when I was looking into this for a new replacement for my 96 Sport. I ended up going the junk-yard route, and got one shipped to my driveway, and installed it myself, with the physical assistance of one more person. Was pretty straightforward to install. I think I ended up dropping about $400 into it going this route, including a tube of gasket goop. I don't recall the exact pricing, but I think it was $1500 approx for the part, plus labor.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Scrutton

I think maybe Jim was trying to say that there are some things you can do for yourself - like pick up your phone and call around to see what it would cost. That doesn't take much time at all.

Reply to
Big Bill

OOOh that hurts. Now I really wish I had spent the extra few grand for a

Reply to
me