97' Explorer XLT Everything almost replaced

Feb 99' I bought a used Explorer 4x4 from a dealer. The price at that time was resonable. I not having any experience wiht 4x4 decided that I would play hard ball when it came time for the extended warranty. After a long bargaining session which i walked out of twice i was blessed with the ESP for 900.00 They were all crying on how I was ripping them off. Thats when i got up to walk out. In any event at 36K the engine went. At 44K the transfer case went. at

77K the tansfer case went again. I had 98k and complained about the upper and lower ball joints tie rod ends and bushings. All Items replaced under ESP> I also complained about the transmission, the service writer said" what the hell do you want a new transmission." I said if its bad, a remanufactured one will do. he just muttered under his breath something for nothing. Hey I payed my 50.00 deductable each time.

they told me the tranny was a ok. It was slipping terrably. I took it to their other dealship and asked if they could check the transmission. They had the car for three days and said they had some concerns. They sent the fluid out for testing . they couldnt find any irregularities. with the fliud . they said they ordered a reman tranny for me and it sould be ready in a couple of days. I picked up the car last thurs.

It didn't feel righrt. On my wasy home it was reving but I was not going any where. They sent out a tow trouck. And Chief of service tested the truck and came back angley and wanted to know who road tested the truck. So they gave me

2002 Sable loaner. While I sit here and wait for my truck. Incidently, My ESP Expired on July 3. and it had 99837 miles on it. So for those of you that squawbble about the warrantties , I deffinitly recomend them on used vehiles

George

97' XLT
Reply to
Pakgeorge