Auto-down window

I don't like this drivers' window switch. Is there a way to defeat the auto-down feature and make it work like the other 3 windows? I understand there's a module somewhere. Thanks jposi at flash dot net

Reply to
Joe

A 'quick jab' at the switch activates the auto down feature. Anything longer than a quick jab makes the window operate for as long as you press the switch. Just like the other three windows... Well, it does on my '98 Ex, anyway ;-)

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

The newer ones are better. If you press down a little, the window works normally. If you press a little harder for a 2nd click, you'll get the auto feature. I think it's a little better.

I'd still think they should have created a feature to disable auto on the older models. Hell, they have a workaround for nearly every other feature. They all seem to involve turning the ignition key on/off 4300 times then standing on your head for 1 minute while wearing only one shoe.

Reply to
Mark

On 1-Jun-2005, Mark declared that:

OH....just 1 shoe. I was wearing both. What about socks? ;-)

I disabled that seltbelt nag in both the 03 Sport and my Mustang GT. Then I had to take them both in to fix the worn ignition switch.

Here's hoping the upcoming Shelby Mustang does not have one of those silly 1st to 4th shifting patterns like the Corvette.

Reply to
Bill Drake