Can I Reset My Outside Temperature Sensor (2003 Explorer XLT)

I have found a lot of information on related topics but nothing that describes how one can reset the outside temperature "system" (b/c I am consistently getting readings that are 50 degrees or more warmer than the actual temp.).

thanks in advance

Reply to
srda310

Most likely the sensor needs replacing. You can buy the replacement from your Ford dealer for less than $20.

Reply to
Andy Barkl

Is this the same sensor that displays the direction? Mine is stuck on West or NorthWest.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

The compass is controlled by the unit attached to the rear view mirror and recalibrated using the button on it along with the buttons on the dash.

Reply to
Andy Barkl

Andy is right. If you make a big move, you must recalibrate the compass sensor, or it appears to "stick". In my 2002 Explorer, the procedure is a PITA, but it works. I bet your 2003 is the same. Anyway, see your owner's manual.

After I retired, I started moving back and forth between Arizona and Maine. When I finished the first trip, the compass said that every direction was south. I took it to the local Ford dealer and demanded a warranty repair. He re-cal'ed it at no charge to me, and gently pointed out that I should do it myself in the future.

Good dealer. I go back there.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey