'98 door locks

I have a problem with my '98 Explorer where the key won't unlock the door easily. I always have to turn it back and forth several times before it will catch and unlock. It seems to be worse in the winter. (Not frozen.) Funny thing is, it's the same for both front doors and the rear one as well. And same deal with the extra key! It's very odd and a pain in the butt at times trying to get it into my vehicle. Any ideas?? (Besides never locking it - heh.) Would a remote be easy to install? Thanks.

John B.

Reply to
John B.

My 2000 ford explorer is the same way when it is cold it is realy hard to unlock the lock. not sure about the remote add on/// put some graphife in the locks..

Reply to
Eddie Collins