Check gauge light

Hi folks, I have a 1998 Mountaineer 5.0, AWD. I recently noticed the Check gauge light illuminating when I was very low on fuel. Was that a coincidence? All the other gauges were in their normal limits. I am unable to find anything in my owners manual about a low fuel warning. Once again, thanks for all the great help. Steve

Reply to
Esteban

Page 10 of your owners manual... "check gage light illuminates when temp is high, oil pressure is low or fuel level is near empty"....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks again for your help Jim, it was right where you said....dunno' how I missed it. It even references page 15 that says "The ignition should be in the OFF position while the vehicle is being refueled" duh. Steve

Reply to
Esteban