Dashboard Light Question

I know there's been plenty threads on "how-to" get at the dashboard lights in an Explorer, but my question is about part numbers, if any.

I've a 2000 XLT, the light behind my tach is out, and the one behind the cruise control buttons on the right side of the wheel (Set/Accel/Coast/Resume).

I've taken the cruise control buttons out on my previous Explorer (both were burned out) and saw they were teeny bulbs in a little blue holder. The service dept. didn't have a part number, and asked if I could bring one in to match up with any they may have. (I don't want to take the dash apart for the light bulb just to find out they don't have one in stock)

My other question... Is there a light in the automatic shifter handle that illuminates the Overdrive On/Off label? I could have sworn I saw that in my dad's

95 Aerostar, and would think that I would have that too...

Thanks!

Reply to
IanCT

Never mind about the cruise control lights, I found out they're included as part of the button assembly, $50 for both sides.

And I asked the service dept. and they said there's no light for the O/D label.

And I can't squeeze my arm up behind the dash to reach the lights, gotta go in thru the front...

Reply to
IanCT

You can buy just the bulb. You will need to take off the blue cover from your old bulb and put it on the new one since it comes in clear. The part number is E5RY-13466-BA. Ford should carry the bulb for about $4.00. It is sometimes tough finding it locally though. I bought mine through fordpartsnetwork.com for about $3.50 each. You will want to order other things while you are at it though since they charge about $7.00 shipping and handling. Event still, two bulbs for $14.00 is cheaper than two switches for $50.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Eberhardt