Cruise light blinking, why?

The other day on my 2004 Legacy H6 Wagon (the new model with built-in navigation) I had the "CRUISE" light blinking continuously (+- right side, below the RPM disk). The functionnality was also disabled.

It was solved by a "reboot", that is shutting the engine down and turning it back on. After that the cruise control was fully functional again.

Anyone knows what that blinking light meant? First time it happened in several months and over 7500km.

Zaid

Reply to
Zelidar

Am Tue, 03 May 2005 02:16:21 -0700 schrieb Zelidar:

In my case (and I began to think we happen to have the same model) the cruise-light is placed below the fuel control and below the RPM disk is the display for the SPORT mode. No offense meant by describing a different placement from your console, but if that's so then I would say that SPORT light blinking after starting the engine indicates an error in the automatic transition gear system (is that the term?) described on page

3-22 in my german Betriebsanleitung (user manual). In the other case I can't even guess...

Anselm

Reply to
Anselm Gerhardt

I was not sure about the position but I am certain that it was the "CRUISE" light. Moreover, acting on the right side cruise control lever resulted in neither actions nor changes. Normally you can turn it on and off by pressing the tip button. In my case, it stayed stubbornly blinking.

At least now, if it ever happens to you, you'd already know the cure, a reboot :-)

Reply to
Zelidar

RTFM! The same happened on the road with my 2005 Outback recently and it is caused by the cruise switch being touched while starting. The cure is also given in the manual.

Reply to
teekaynospam

Thanks for answering. Yes, I have not looked at the manual about that yet. Would be nice to have a PDF version to keep and consult at home as well.

I just made over 130'000 km with a Mitsubishi Galant extensively using the cruise control and, although it had other bigger annoyances, a similar issue never happened. Thus my post here, I was wondering if there were some specifics about Subaru cruise control solution. When it works, which is 99% of the time, it really is nice and smooth.

On the Galant I could often feel a "localized resistance" when pressing down the accelerator, also when the cruise control was disabled. I also found the "resume" acceleration too strong.

Greetings from Switzerland

Zaid

Reply to
Zelidar

I had a somewhat similar incident recently on my 2000 OBW, however the cruise light didn't start blinking it just went off and stayed off until the "reboot". It's probable that the cruise light behaviour is different because of our different model years.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan