Electrical System

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer. Since i have had it if i give it alot of gas when i pull out the "Check Charging System" light comes on a beeps. It usually only stays on until i quit giving it alot of gas.

A couple days ago the "Check Charging System" light start flashing and beeping about every minute. Still the explorer would start fine and run fine. Just the light would flash and beep every minute or so.

Then this morning everything start acting weird. The Airbag light came on, the tracking system light came on, and the "Check Charging system" light came on and off faster than it was. Then all at once it lost all power. The engine was still running, but no radio, no gauges, no power windows, no no lock, all power seemed to die. I managed to get off the road and stop it.

When i tried to start it the battery clicks like it is dead. So i got a jump start and it starts up, still no electronics, but the engine will turn over. The major problem is the vechile won't pull foward now. I can reverse with no problems, just won't pull, so i can't get it home.

Does the electrical system control the pulling power? Also, what would cause it to show the "Check Charging System" light to come on everytime i give it alot of gas?

THanks, Matt E

-- Message posted using

information at

matte4

More information at

AS

Your transmission is electronically controlled and operated by solenoids and an electronic pressure regulator. It will not function without proper electrical power. As for the root cause, it's hard to tell. If you have a multimeter and a bit of knowledge, you can trace it. Otherwise you need professional help. A wild guess would be loose battery cable connections. Check both, at both ends, including the ground connection to the engine block. People tend to forget that the negative (ground) is as important as the positive.

Reply to
Happy Traveler