2106 tac system forced limited power

hi I have a 2004 explorer with the 4.0l flex fuel motor (K) with 36,900 miles on it. about two weeks ago we had a little bit of snow. when driving home from work I noticed it was down shifting real hard. so I took it to the tranny shop but they didn't get to it in till the next day when the snow was gone. sure as you know what they couldn't find anything wrong especially with no dummy lights on. well it snowed again to day and I had the same problem but this time my limp home mode light came on. the light went off a couple of minutes later. I hooked my computer up to it and the code that came up was 2106 tac system forced limited power. anybody have any ideas on what this could be. any help would be appreciated thank you

-- Message posted using

information at

mab6680

P2106 is an "information" only code.... and I am certainly not familiar with flex fuel vehicles (just not popular in our area)...

All the same, I have a nagging "familiarity " with the code.... can't find a TSB I'm looking for.... can't put my finger on anything but the snow is ringing bells....

Check the air filter seal... make sure no snow or any other moisture is making it past the air filter.... FWIW, the number of improperly installed filters I see is astounding....

Reply to
Jim Warman

it's funny you say that about the flex fuel motors because i live in jersey. just about every car on a car dealers lot has a flex fuel motor in it. when i tried to find a station the sold E-85 the only one that was not for goverment use only was about 80 miles away. as for my problem thanks for the info i checked the air filter it was the wrong filter it was a little to small. and one side would fall in and leave a gap. changed the filter with the correct filter with almost instant results i reset the code and will wait to see if the code come back and repost once again thank you

-- Message posted using

information at

mab6680