Front Brake Pad Recomendation

I am in need of replacing the front brake pads, again, on my 1994 Explorer. I am looking for a recomendation on what type of pads to install. Standard $25-$30 aftermarket pads do not seem to last and usully result in significatn build of brake dust on the wheels requireing frequent cleaning. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
ckirk

I replaced mine with ceramic pads. 2001 SportTrak work great. Got them at AutoZone.

Reply to
Jim Mc Donald

I think the biggest issue with older Explorer brakes was greasing the caliper slides regularily (7500 miles). If you don't do it you wear your pads out prematurely. Newer Explorers have a better design. See:

Al Williams