Brake Pad Dust on Rims

The solution to this problem is to buy a premium set of ceramic brakepads. They are dust free. Raybestos makes these and their pads will not damage your rotars. Kia original pads vary in quality sometimes they wear out prematurely and sometimes they give satisfactory service but they always produce black dust that is unhealthy and unsightly on rims.

Ceramic brake pads are produced by several aftermarket part vendors. In my opinion Raybestos has the best quality.

Check out their web site at:

All of their products are tested under racing conditions and exceeding OEM performance is their goal.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lily Mae" Newsgroups: alt.autos.kia Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 11:34 AM Subject: Re: 2001 Sportage Limited Edition

> > Hi...was wondering if anyone here has made any complaints about the front > > wheels. They are a disgrace, the brake powder almost completely covers > the > > two front wheels, it is an awful sight. I clean them one day and they are > > right black the next. Now, the brake powder is starting to eat through > the > > rims. I was told I can spend $80 to put plates behind the rims to stop > the > > dust and then I can spend $150 to have the wheels (rims) refinished. I do > > not feel I should have to pay for this. Anyone else been through this?? > > > > Thanks alot! > > Lori > > Hi Lori, is this something that just happens if you have 4x4? I'll check > mine out otherwise. I didjust have my whole muffler system replaced. The > recall for the converter was paid for at a whooping $900 and I only had to > pay $252. My end piece was already new. Hopefully I didn't get screwed??? > Lily Mae > > > > > > > >
Reply to
Carl Phipps