Had Transmission Rebuilt now i'm

getting a squeaking or chirping sound coming from near the bell housing. it's been 2 months since rebuiuld but i noticed it about a week after and thought it was a water pump or something. i used a stethoscope on all the parts with pulleys etc until i realized was coming from near firewall. the sound goes away after the engine is hot. read some posts about flexplate problems so i called the shop that rebuilt the tranny and they said since the sound goes away its not the flexplate. i'm pretty sure this is related to the rebuilt trans some way. btw it 96 Explorer 4.0 4wd AT. tia.

Reply to
nerdlinger

I got a rebuilt trans from Ford for my '92 and it made wierd noises too. It worked fine for about 2 years and now it has a bad leak. I don't know if the noise and leak are somehow related or not. My leak appears to be coming from around the torque converter.

Reply to
Ulysses