heater/cooler door module '97 explorer

I cannot regulate the temp any longer on my '97. The dealer says its the "door" module and will take 10 hours to remove the dash and get to it. He says it will cost $1200 to fix without even looking at the compressor, dryer, etc. If that needs fixing, it will cost another $1200.

Could this be true?

It was cooling on max only and now it has lost that too.

Thank you.

Reply to
s_landa