Heater problems 1996 Ford Explorer

Hello,
I am new to the newsgroup and I have a few questions to ask.
Here is one problem I cannot figure out maybe someone here can help. I have
a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport. I was having problems with the heater cutting in and out while I was in Iceland and then it went out completely right before I left. Once I returned from Iceland to the states I changed the Resister below the Fan Motor with a new one and it seemed to fix it for a while. Then it went back to cutting on and off. Sometimes when you hit a speed bump the fan would kick in and other times I would let the hood close hard and that would bring it back to life. Now Its dead again and nothing I do will bring the system back online. I checked all the fuses and even cleaned them with a wire brush. I unplugged everything and checked for problems or corrosion. Now I checked the connections with a test light at each plug and it seems like I am not getting power from the switch inside the car and at the fan motor and resister. What would cause no power to reach the connection? I pulled the resister again to make sure it was still intact and it still looks new no breaks or problems. Any Ideas? Thanks for the help.
-- Krusty
Krusty wrote:

Blower (Fan) relay.
Thanks the Relay was loose and I pulled them set them back in place and not I have Air and Heat. Thanks again.
--
James S. Aguilar Jr.
Univ. of Phoenix Online Student
Krusty wrote:

Glad I could help. Buy a spare or 2. They're cheap, around $5 each. If it's like my '94, all the relays are the same. If your fuel pump relay gets intermittent (like mine did) the engine won't run sometimes...or will suddenly stop running like your fan did but much more of a problem than no heat!
Where is the one for the Fuel Pump located? That way I will have one on hand and change it out if I do run into that problem.
Thanks again.
--
James S. Aguilar Jr.
Univ. of Phoenix Online Student
Krusty wrote:

In my 1994, it's in the same relay/fuse box as the blower relay, and is the same relay as the blower relay (they're interchangeable).
Thanks for the help. Happy New Year.
--
James S. Aguilar Jr.
Univ. of Phoenix Online Student
It sounds like your blower motor relay is bad. If the 96 is like the 94 I used to have, the relay is in the fuse/relay box under the hood on the passenger side. When it is not working, whack the relay and see if that makes it work. If so, get a new relay.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926