Here we go again - CEL

Another winter, another CEL. Everytime it gets cold outside my 2000 explorer stumbles and studers when started. After a minute of running the engine idles smoothly.

Please don't tell me the IAC needs cleaned or the MAF sensor needs replaced. Been there and done that with no improvement.

I've been told there was a problem with intake manifold "O" rings that could cause cold start problems. Anyone know if that is true and if so, what has Ford done to fix the problem.

I'm tired of dishing out $200 every winter to replace oxygen sensors so my local Ford dealer can get the CEL to go away.

Reply to
Ed

What's "CEL"

Alan Moorman

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Paul Fix

=================================

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Check Engine Light.

Reply to
Ed

Yes, there have been concerns with intake gaskets.... Intake manifolds have gone through about three design changes in the late 90s. ... AFAIK. these manifolds are not interchangeable. If you're lookomg for a customer satisfaction program, I haven't seen anything on OASIS....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Jeez! It gets mentioned all the time, of course, but I never saw the abbreviation before.

Alan Moorman

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Paul Fix

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Thanks Jim for your input.