How do you replace a seat belt in a '93 Explorer Sport?

Went to put my seat belt on today in my '93 Explorer Sport and it snapped completely away from where it is anchored down at the floor. Any
suggestions on how to fix it? It became undone where it was sewn and attached to the bracket on the floor.
On Thu, 31 May 2007 04:22:21 GMT, "Jennifer Smith"

If it's really just the thread coming out you can unbolt it from the car and re sew it. But I wonder if the thread rotted out and that the seat belt webbing is also rotten. In an accident it will just tear if that's the case.

There are some plastic inserts that turn about 180 degrees in order to remove them and then it's still a pain to get them out. Once removed you will have access to the bolt that holds the seat belt to the floor. You may need a long breaker bar (or length of pipe over a rachet but if it's that tight you might break your rachet). And you'll need "Star" drivers to remove both the plastic and the bolt (if I remember correctly).
With something like a seat belt I prefer not to do any repairs that "might" work ;-) If it's too difficult to sew then bolts might be an option but I'd get some rather large bolts and make sure they have lock washers and possibly glue the nuts on with epoxy or whatever. Places like Harbor Freight (I think) sell stitching awls that will penetrate 1/4" leather or rubber. They have a wood handle and a spool of waxed thread in the body. You push the threaded needle through the material, back it off a little, slip the thread through the loop, and pull it out. Then make the next hole. Tedius, but it works and will be strong if you sew all the way around where it was originally sewn.
Like Ashton said maybe you can just resew it or find one at a junk yard.