Installing keyless entry on 1991 240sx

the power door locks don't have a button. you have to pull the driver or passenger manual door lock lever to actuate the power lock. will I need a door lock module to get a keyless entry system to work with my car?

Reply to
robertmaasjr

There is only a switch and no motor on the drivers door. The power lock is only on the passenger door so you will need a second motor.

Peter Hill

ok, thanks. I know it is vacuumed controlled. I guess I could actuate the passenger door motor.

Reply to
robertmaasjr

buy the keyless entry for $35 buy a power lock motor for $15 spend an hour or so installing it You now have keyless entry.

Reply to
Im Right

I installed an alpine car alarm which opens and close both my driver and passenger door locks on a 1989 240sx, no motor needed. You can get the wire diagram on bulldogsecurity.com

Reply to
Jerry Chanderpaul

I have been told you need an actuator on the driver side. Not sure why. There is a motor on the passenger side so why not just hook up to passenger side. The rest is vacuum controlled. I guess the keyless entry need a electronic acuator rather than vacuum actuator.actuator=relay.

Reply to
robertmaasjr

The 240sx door lock is vacuum controlled? I had a 1961 Lincoln that had vacuum controlled door locks.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

There are two large green wires(one with black stripe) that go to door lock which mitchel's wiring diagram show coming from door lock timer. I assume they power the door lock. I took a pic of a brown connector that I don't really understand. An orange/black and a black wire go in and a red and a black wire go out. I assume the black and red wires are going to the door lock motor. If I disconnect brown connector , doors lock or unlock by themselves. Brown connector is found in door kick panel next to door lock motor. The Mitchel diagram only shows the orange/black wire going from door lock timer to switch than ground. I'm guessing that the switch is on the motor and is actuated when the door lever is moved manually. I don't know what vacuum actuation is. I think everything is controlled by door lock timer.

I bought a bulldog keyless entry which has one wire for lock and another for unlock, while the 240sx has one wire which locks and unlocks. Bulldog suggests i need one of their relays and a 3 amp diode to get things to work. I don't see why the bulldog module can't just pulse the 240sx door timer via the orange/black wire. Don't see why I need a relay for small control wires.

robertmaasjr