Keyless entry does not always work

I don't have an Explorer, so please consider my question anyway.

I recently purchased a Ford 2002 Econoline Wagon. The dealership added a keyless remote. On two different occasions I have gone out to my vehicle to unlock the doors with the remote and nothing happens. All of the other times the keyless remote worked. It is as if the batteries are dead on the remote. I then enter the van using the key. When I do and try to start it, nothing happens. The dealership said it was because a kill switch has taken over and I can not start it. They said there is a button under the dash that I had to hold down while turning the key. It would then start. I tried holding down the button and turning the key but nothing happens.

Can anyone shed any knowledge on this?

Mike V.

Reply to
voltin

It sounds to me like the unit the dealership installed isn't working right, and they should get it fixed, on their dime. Isn't that what it sounds like to you?

Reply to
Bill Funk