Lift Kits: Kinda OT

I've been searching all over the place and can't seem to find the answer anywhere else so here goes...

I have 2004 Nissan Frontier 2WD. It has low ground clearance and after it rains it sometimes scrapes the bumper etc. while going through deep ruts and dips. What I have in mind is to raise it just a bit, perhaps 1 or 2 inches. Are there kits that will only raise the body or is there some way to raise the whole thing, frame included? I managed to find some sort of "blocks" that came with long U-bolts but the site didn't explain how they were used. Are these to raise the body? Are new shocks also required if the body is lifted? How much will raising the truck effect the center of gravity? It's so low now it seems like it would still be safe if raised a little.

I also thought of putting larger diameter tires on it but I think it would still need to have the body raised in that case.

I'd thought about just getting a new Explorer instead but with all the computerized independent traction control gizmos and such I'd be afraid it wouldn't work when I need it seeing as how Ford can't even make the one button 4WD reliable (as seen on the '91-'94s).

Thanks.

Reply to
Ulysses