Maintenance pdf.

Hi folks, About 6 months ago I recall someone posting a link for a maintenance pdf, if I recall correctly it was from Ford. I have tried searching Google to find it, with no luck. Would someone please post the link or perhaps give me some tips on how to find it in Google. Once again, thanks for the great help. Steve

Reply to
Esteban

It would help if you told us what year and model you have. Another good source is the Ford Repair Manual on CD. You can usually find them on eBay for $10-12 or so.

has *some* repair info but you have to enter your car info first. It's free.

Reply to
Ulysses

Thanks for the response Ulysses, You are correct...I should have said that it was for a 1998 Merc. Mountaineer, 5.0, AWD. That's the first mistake I have made in 55 years.

If I remember correctly, I was under the impression that the pdf file was a Ford product and all one had to do was to type the year, make and model and one would have the complete maintenance manual for that particular vehicle. Perhaps I was getting confused with the Ford Repair Manual CD. I will try eBay later today and see what they offer. Thanks again, Steve

Reply to
Esteban

Did you try the Ford sites?

Al Williams

Ulysses, thanks for the eBay tip. I found exactly what I wanted. Steve

Reply to
Esteban

When you get your Ford CD you may have some trouble finding the info you want at first. For example, when looking up transfer case info I chose "Control Trac" and found very little but found everything I needed under "Transfer Case." IOW the bulk of the info seems to be under the general headings and only the model-specific stuff is under the specific headings. Good luck.

Reply to
Ulysses