Replacing Corroded Battery Cables for SL1 2000

Battery and Battery Cable Replacement.

I'm posting this here so that anyone else who might be searching for answers with google can find it. When I searched, I found nothing, so this might save someone some time. Good luck!

Reply to
Chris Gutierrez

Ah, so GM is still pulling that, are they? Many years ago, on a family vacation in the Orlando, Florida area, I rented a Geo from Alamo Rental. Someone broke one of the headlight housings while we were at one of the area attractions. "No problem," thinks I, "I've replaced them before, I'll just pop in to a K-Mart and pick up a headlight assembly and a cheap set of tools and replace it!" You've probably guessed by now that the Geo headlight assembly was a custom size. I returned the unit to the K-mart and went in search of a Geo dealer. The part was so new that even the dealer didn't have one! OT post-script: Alamo sent me a bill for some ungodly amount for labor plus material to replace the headlight. I sent them two checks -- one for the amount K-Mart charged for the normal-sized assembly and one for the balance -- and a note telling them that if they ever wanted my business again they would destroy the second check. They cashed both. I've never been back to Alamo. Fortunately, we've always had good experiences with Enterprise! :)

Reply to
Steve

Oh yeah.

I *DREAD* the phrase 'Saturn only part, only the dealer has it, sir'. it's basically a polite way of telling you to bend over and smile.

Pigtail for the IAT sensor - $26. Lifters at $35 a pop. $150+ for the stupid chain and guide assembly (ironically, $80 for it if you buy the parts one by one)

Geos are rebadged Suzuki. Some Pontiacs were rebadged Daewoo. The Chevy Aveo is a Suzuki, I'm not sure what the Cobalt is, but I'm guessing it's nonstandard GM too. I'm guessing it'll suck, too. Why can't GM make a decent sedan?

Then again, I was in a Blazer the other day. Nice hump on the passenger side for the catalytic. They couldn't move it back 1 foot and put the bump under the seat? And people BUY these things?

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski