New Headlamps

Can anyone speak the quality and durability of the Late Model Restoration supply 6 piece headlamp replacement kits?

If I recall correctly, someone in here did it a few months ago and was pleased. I tried searching the archives to no avail. Whomever it was, did you use the reproduction or the Ford kit? Also, how have they held up?

Thanks,

Jim S. '92 LX Coupe

Reply to
Jim S.

All in all, I'd give them about a 7. They definately improve the look of the car. They were irritating to line up at first (they go on in a specific order), and the reflector in one of the headlamps fell to the bottom in about a week. I didn't bother to send it back, however - I sold the car. I think I ended up shimming them to look right and line up with the bumper, but when I closed the hood (which may very well be out of alignment), I broke the black edge off of both inside lights. I had pictures of the install, but I deleted them when I sold the car.

If done properly, and carefully, however, I think they'd be great, which is why I gave them the 7 - irritating, but well worth it in looks and night vision. The car's had them on for about a year now... it's a friend's car, and they still look great. I don't know if they'll match the longevity of the stockers, but only time will tell.

BTW, the kit I installed was for an '88 LX 5.0, stock-style (not smoked, no clear side markers) from Late Model Restoration.

JS

Reply to
JS

I have one of their headlamp kits on my 1991 GT. I don't like it much. It was fine at first, but it hasn't proved terribly durable and they're already yellowing again. Also, I didn't like the fit of the main headlamps in the kit... the rubber trim seemed sort of pointless, and didn't fit terribly well. Plus it hasn't lasted particularly long either. The bulbs in the main headlamps burned out VERY fast, too. I ended up putting the ones that were in my old headlamps back in, and they're still working to this day. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the lamps someplace else. Preferably actual Ford originals if I could, as they were FAR better. The other four lamps in the kit seemed alright at least, but the main ones just didn't please me at all. As much as I like Late Model Restoration Supply and have always been satisfied with their service and products, this particular item didn't float my boat. Others might have had better luck with them, but not me.

Reply to
The Hurdy Gurdy Man

If you decide to go OEM with the headlights, E9ZZ-13007-A and E9ZZ-13007-B, try Jim at PPI. He may still have some.

Go here and scroll down near the bottom:

Or call (703) 742-6207

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

You talkin' 'bout me?!? I just cured TFrog's glaucoma with a set from Mustangs Unlimited (their 93008KIT).

The thread was "I'm cruising tonight" (Oct. 6) and the link was

So far, very satisfied.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Yeah, you!

Thanks for the info. There are some useful links back in that thread.

Jim S. '92 LX Coupe

Reply to
Jim S.