Need a part for 93 EB

'93 Eddie Bauer 4X4 4.0L OHV 4dr

I was changing the bushings on the rear leafs and shackle. According to the brief instructions that came with them it said to remove the outer metal shell on the old rubber bushings. I did this on the springs and on the frame where the shackle attaches. After cutting and beating them out I discovered that you need to leave the shell in the frame for the new bushings.

To make this short, I have check the dealer, Canadian Tire, and NAPA auto parts. Nobody seems to have them. There isn't even a listing for the frame bushing. I'm hoping someone can help me. If you know of anywhere I can get them please let me know or if you can get them for me I will gladly send the money for them.

Thanks in advance.

Joey

Ermmm, you did try the Ford dealer, right?

Jim Warman

Yes I did, here in Ottawa they showed me the part breakdown on the computer and there was listings for frame, shackle, and spring, but not even a bushing or anything useful for me.

Funny because everyone keeps telling me dealer only part.

Joey

Sorry, Joey... too busy today for the old man and he forgot..... I'll try again tomorrow.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I started looking at exhaust couplings at Canadian Tire when I stoppd there today, but they didn't have any small enough to match. I'll have to stop by one of the muffler shops to check for one in a stainless steel so if I find a replacement, it will last.

Thanks for trying to chck for the part. If you do find one or something that has it, it will give the local guys something to track down. Keep the guys working.

Joey

Still having trouble finding or making what I need. I was doing some work at the Ford service center yesterday and was talking to one of the older parts guys. He did a check and found a listing for my part, same from

91-01, but the computer said it was not available anywhere in Canada, US, or back order. Nice isn't it. I've been to a lot of places now and I can't even find the right size pipe to make one. It is just a little smaller than most exhaust places have. I'm going to check maybe an ATV or motorcycle shop.

I was thinking of the junk yard but don't think I can rmov another one without ruining it too. Maybe if I can cut the frame around it if they don't mind.

Please any advice from anyone.(See first post for a description)

Thanks in advance,

Joey

I almost forgot about this thread, Joey.... our partsmonger phoned his hotline and found that the bushing is serviced with the frame assembly here in Canada.... yeah, brought a lump to my throat, too. If you have a spring shop nearby, you can take the ID measurement of the hole and see if they have a spring bushing available - stock type spring bushings are uaually only about 5 or 8 bux....

It's a common human failing - dive in face first without reading the propaganda that came with the . Something that, even now, I often have to force myself to do.....

Good luck.

Jim Warman