need help with right wheel bearing replacement

I have a 1999 ford explorer EB V8 all wheel drive. Recently it started making noice when driving. I think its bad right Wheel Bearing, I took it to the shop today and they also think its bad wheel bearing. They want over $400 to replace it I though that was a lots. How difficult is it to replace the wheel bearing? Do I need special tool to do the job. If this is something that I can do my self what auto part (technical name) would I need. and how much would this cost. Thanks

Reply to
wei

I thought I was going to need to replace my bearings on my '97 because of the sounds I heard while driving slow. Had to lay next to the car while my wife drove it next to me to find out the noise was near the transfer case (under the driver's seat). I sprayed some WD-40 on the U-Joint just behind the transfer case and the noise went away.

Chris

Reply to
Chris & Patty Bolan