!PLEASE HELP! : 1994 Explorere 4x4 and Low Engage Probleme

Hello Everybody I have a problem with my 1994 "4 liter" Ford Explorer. I was driving at reduced speed when my back rear right tire rolled over a massive stone and ever since my "4 by 4 and low range" engage switches no longer function. At the time of this incident the engages were not turned on, and living in France, I have no technical assistance or support (Ford and other) in this matter. No one seems able to help me in the repair of with this misfortunate technical hassle. Could someone help me find the solution please? Could it be an electrical problem? Mechanical or other? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Joe ALVES

Hello Everybody I have a problem with my 1994 "4 liter" Ford Explorer. I was driving at reduced speed when my back rear right tire rolled over a massive stone and ever since my "4 by 4 and low range" engage switches no longer function. At the time of this incident the engages were not turned on, and living in France, I have no technical assistance or support (Ford and other) in this matter. No one seems able to help me in the repair of with this misfortunate technical hassle. Could someone help me find the solution please? Could it be an electrical problem? Mechanical or other? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Joe ALVES

Look at the concern in a logical manner..... after driving over an object, you now have a concern. The only advice I can offer at this time is that you visually inspect for any physical damage. While there are "pattern" failures for many of these systems, we have what may be a cause and effect scenario in your case. I suggest a thorough inspection of the driveline and transfer case as well as looking for any obvious signs of wiring harness damage.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well, if you can't get any technical support in France you could still probably buy a Hayne's or Chilton's manual. Sometimes they can be found on eBay.

From what you described my first thought would be that perhaps the wiring for the servo motor for the transfer case is damaged (or possibly, but unlikely, the motor itself). The servo motor is located just front of the middle of the truck, underneath. Aside from that the servo motors have a great tendency to fail and maybe it was just a coincidence. I've had both servo motors fail (the gears inside get stuck) on my '91 and '92. Usually when they don't work (on mine)they will go from 4x4 to 2x2 but won't go back to 4x4 unless I fiddle around with it.

Reply to
Ulysses

Thanks a lot for your response Jim, i'll chech this ... i'll try .. have a nice day !

"Jim Warman" a écrit dans le message de news: ZSHWd.5319$gJ3.4360@clgrps13...

Reply to
Joe ALVES

Thanks a lot for your response, i'll check this ... i'll try .. have a nice day !

"Ulysses" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Joe ALVES