2000 Explorer Keypad

I recently bought a 2000 explorer XLT with keyless remote and keypad entry. Only one key with chip was included. I bought 2 remotes from ChipKeys ($23 vs. $78 at Ford)and programmed them easily with their instructions.. I also bought one chip key, but they referred to the owners manual for programming instructions. I can find no instructions. Can any one help with programming the replacement key? The factory key works well. Also can anyone help with obtaining the number for obtaining code for the keypad on the door? The manual says it is taped to the computer. I have tried every number in almost every combination with no success.

Reply to
gcook

gcook

Open the compartment where the spare tire jack is located. Look back into the comparment (you will probably need a flashlight) and you should see the computer back in behind the plastic trim. You should be able to see the five digit code on it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You will need both of the original keys to program a new key. Otherwise, you have to go through the dealer and get it done ($$$). If you bought from a dealer, I would make them provide you another key..... be it a ford dealer or not... make them pay.

gerry

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

Reply to