Power mirror shake/wobble

OK, over the years, I've dropped kayaks on both of my power mirror housings, occasionally knocking the housing off of the mount. I've been able to push
them back on OK, and they still work. I've noticed recently that the housing shakes/wobbles at highway speeds, and also if you manually shake the housing when stationary you can see it easily move, so no wonder it wobbles when I drive the vehicle.
Is there any easier solution without replacing the housing? Some kind of shim setup or something? I suppose first thing should be to see what exactly is damaged and go from there. Figured this might be a common problem though.
Thanks,
Paul

housings,
housing
housing
exactly
though.
I have a '97 and the passenger side mirror is either stuck or slipping and will adjust up/down but not in/out. Since yours has fallen off can you tell me how to remove it so I can try to fix it? Is there a screw somewhere or does it just pop off?
Well the easy way to remove it is to drop something heavy on it :-); the resulting force is enough to seperate the housing from the mount. That's what I've been doing.
The housing swivels on a flat part that sticks out. The housing 'drops' onto a pivot that it turns around on this flat part. So, the housing has to come up off of the mount to be removed. Now how to do this safely I'm not sure. I suspect that mine are damaged. I'd imagine that a good whack on the housing from below would do it, although you could damage the housing so it doesn't fit on snug anymore (like mine).
Paul

push
tell