front noise when turning on a '92

when i turn to the left even just a little sounds like the wheel is rubbing. could it be the berrings, the arm,or what?

Reply to
bigbran

Assuming the wheels are not falling off (jack it up and check for play) then I'd check the power steering fluid level.

Reply to
Ulysses

"" wrote: > when i turn to the left even just a little sounds like the > wheel is > rubbing. could it be the berrings, the arm,or what?

A couple of things come to mind. First I?d check the brakes and replace them if worn. A more likely source of the sound would be a loose wheel bearing, or, if 4WD, I?ve heard of a seal, where the axle shaft goes into the hub, being the source of the noise. If so, spray some silicone spray in this area (outboard of the u-joint, next to the hub) to see if the noise temporarily goes away. Don?t get any of the spray onto the brakes!!!

Reply to
sjwoody