Pre-detonaton on 2000 XLT SOHC

Hi All,

I've been lurking for quite some time and posting where I could help. However, I've got a question regarding my 2000 SOHC.

I'm a little stumped........ In the first 15-20 minutes after startup, my truck appears to pre-detonate at 2k rpm - 3k rpm. It mainly does this at

1/4 to 1/2 throttle. I can let off or open the throttle to 3/4 or more and the noise disappears.

The intake gasket and tensioner recall has been done so I think that should rule out noises caused by those components. Is this pre-detonation or something else?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Scott

Reply to