Re: Fast idle too high on Ford Escape???

That *might* be normal.

Where abouts do you live? It could be from altitude, if you happen to be quite a bit above sea level...

My wife and I recently purchased a 2003 Ford Escape which we love. > It's a V6, FWD, automatic. We are wondering about the fast idle > circuitry, however. When we first start this car in the morning, it > revs up to 2600 RPM for a few seconds before gradually working its way > down to 1000 RMP or so. Isn't 2600 RMP too high for a fast idle? On > subsequent starts, it revs up to 2000-2200 RPM which still seems high. > We also have a 2000 Ford Explorer V8 and that only revs to about 1600 > RPM when cold. > > Thanks, > -Scott > > (also posted on alt.autos.ford)
Reply to
IanCT