Re: Vent tube leaking oil???

Well Craig this is kind of interesting. I was told that the vent tube was blocked and this caused the front left axle seals to blow. When I look underneath I do see fresh puddy/sealer around a previously used front diff cover. The problem is that I could swerr that my dif cover was grey in color, now it's black!!!! Hmmm? The invoice doesn't indicate that the part was replaced. Hmmm. Does Ford replace defective parts with used equipment when its hidded away and under an extended warenty? I'm hopeing to find a P/N sticker imprinted on the cover to know for sure if it was replaced. As for the cost, they quoted around $450 but my deductable was $100cdn. Bottom line, the leaking stopped and I gess that's all that matters.

Reply to
Peter